Southeastern North Carolina is known for its great climate, great sand and surf, and even great BBQ, but did you know about all of the fantastic festivals held each year?! Take a peek at The Coastline NC Real Estate Team’s month-by-month guide to the festivals of Southeastern NC…
- What better way to celebrate the month of love than with the Wilmington Wine & Chocolate Festival?! Delight your taste buds with bubbles and sweet treats during this weekend event!
- The biggest party of the year for the Coastal Carolinas is the North Carolina Azalea Festival. This festival is so popular even the azaleas put on their best coats for the occasion!! This southern scene includes the circus, a parade, pageantry, live entertainment, a shag contest, historical home tours and a garden party in the Azalea Festival Queen’s honor.
- Winos and foodies unite in May for the Wilmington Food & Wine Festival. This spring festival is spread across the Greater Wilmington area and offers several wine dinners featuring the best chefs around paired with the best sourced wines. You can also partake in the wine education seminars and all the wining and dining festivities held throughout the weekend at the Bellamy Mansion.
- The St. Nicholas Greek Festival held every year in May at the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church features tours of the church, hourly entertainment and of course, traditional Greek fare including shawarma, gyros, kebabs, Baklava and Mythos!
- The 4th of July Festival has all of the red, white and blue Americana highlights and is a Southeastern North Carolina must-do!! This week-long festival held each year in Southport, NC is filled to the brim with activities for the whole family. Enjoy historical site tours; take in the artisan’s market; let the beach music filling the air take you away; and cap off the festival with the traditional parade and fireworks display.
- The NC Spot Festival in Hampstead, NC coordinates to when the spot fish start biting…usually sometime in late fall if you ask the locals!! Celebrate their arrival with this weekend festival that includes chorus productions from area schools, hand-crafted goods, spot dinners and fireworks!!
- Fall is ushered in with the Wilmington Riverfest, a Coastal Carolina staple!! This festival has it all…street fairs filled with vendors, musical and performance entertainment, Miss Riverfront and a Harvest Moon Riverparty to top it all off!!
- As the weather welcomes a nice crispness to the air, the NC Holiday Flotilla kicks off! This yearly festival is held in beloved Wrightsville Beach and features a tree lighting ceremony with Santa, a party in the park, a decorated boat parade and fireworks!!
You can enjoy all these festivals and more when The Coastline NC Real Estate Team helps you find your Southeastern NC home!