When it comes to closing on a home, our Coastline NC Real Estate team has outlined a few tips to keep your closing as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- First and foremost -- prior to your scheduled closing, it is of the utmost importance that no last minute big purchases are made. If you are requiring a mortgage to close, large, unexpected purchases (like a car or furniture for your new house) can throw off your debt-to-income ratio and cause you to be denied your loan.
- On the day of closing, prepare your mind and body. Eat properly, hydrate and maybe even meditate. Then if the unexpected happens, you will be ready!!
- Also, we recommend taking the day off on the day of your real estate closing. This will allow you to run any last-minute errands that might be required. Plus, your closing will take around an hour (maybe a little more or less). Then, your documents must be recorded before you can gain access to your new home, so consider a morning closing if possible. Lastly, having the day off will allow for an evening toast to your new home!! We highly recommend this!!
- During your closing, review your closing documents closely. You don’t have to rush and don’t be afraid to ask any questions you might have. This is your time!
- Just a tip from our team, sometimes a certified check may be easier than wiring funds for a closing. Also, bring your check book…it could save you an added trip to the bank if there are slight changes in funds.
- Lastly, don’t forget to bring identification, proof of home insurance and your sales contract just in case.